Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

Phoebe dress (that co-insides with Me-Made May 16)

 It has been a little while since my last post, longer since completing any makes of any description. But today I would like to share this lovely lovely (can you tell I'm pleased with it) dress. I started this back in January, I did in my deference make Phoebe version 1 and 2, it just took longer than planned to finish both.

So here we are Phoebe Dress by Colette Patterns.









I have to say this style is just right for me, it was also complex and easy enough just enough so I felt challenged yet pleased with the results. I also really like the fabric and the fact it can be dressed up or down (more down on a daily basis)

My Makes Low Down

To improve on : button holes, I manged them but my buttons don't fit all the holes. As I had manged so much with the rest of the dress I didn't want to change it to much and ruin it.

Didn't go to plan : timing really, but I got there in the end. and the button hole thing!

What I love about it : it is fitted but casual enough to wear daily.

Would I make it again : oh Yes!

This co-insides perfectly with Me-Made May 2016. I have not taken part in the last few years but I am looking forward to it. There is always so much excitement around may and Zoe has made it a wonder annual event. So here I go with me personal pledge.

 'I, Charlotte of sew far sew good, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavor to wear clothes that I have made myself for each weekend for the duration of May 2016'


I have also been following a really interesting blog on less waste, which I know the sewing blogs hold dear to your heart. Jen from make do and mend life has been a beacon to all of us. Jen has also challenging us to mend rather than throw away, I will also be trying my best to follow along.



On the first day of this challenge is, Show me and my mending, and very simply I keep it in a pile!!! I now hope to be shamed enough to actually do something about it.



Finally I have been following these guys on Instagram, I find them so inspiring, being a girl of nature. Therefore if crafting and family isn't enough I have set yet another challenge. Re wild yourself 30 days challenge. I hope to push the boundaries of weather and after work sit down!


I feel there has been a lot to say, maybe that is trying to put to much into a post, more regular blogging would probably be advised. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Great dress, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is gorgeous, and these are lovely photos! Good luck with your mending and thanks for the link to that challenge. I've got some jeans I really would like to mend, maybe using Sashiko, and a ripped leather jacket that I've no idea to mend but am determined that someday I will.
    That Re Wild challenge sounds interesting, I'll go have a read. My only issue with some of these blogs/websites is sometimes they make me feel bad/sad for living in a big city (I'm sure that's more my perception than any intended view of the article) but this challenge sounds like it could be applied no matter where you live.

    ReplyDelete