Thursday, 23 May 2013


I thought the sewing bug was in full force, inspiration, trying to enhance skills bla bal bla. What really happened was Mc Call's easy jersey top., (never be fooled by the term easy on the front of a pattern)

 I had a lovely bit of jersey really soft and floaty, which made it hard to use. Also I have found that it tends to roll on left edges. The pattern itself wasn't too hard to follow I was just disappointed with the results.

 The overall problems have been it is drapes so much it doesn't really hold onto mu shoulders, I find a bit risky! I did really like the way the body came together very slimming. It felt somewhat lopsided that was definitely due to my sewing skills.The fabric was difficult to handle and I was longing for a nice bit of cotton by the end!

Sadly I don't think I will be wearing the version, I'm not so disheartened though I well my try one of the other versions that look a little more sturdier on the shoulders. I also have a very long to do list, Colette patterns and a maxi dress.

I hope your own projects are coming along nicely, there are some amazing makes on the blogs out there. x x x


  1. I have a 'bought' top that could quite easily slide off the shoulders but the problem has been solved by a thin connecting piece of ribbon attached to each side of the shoulder seams. Might work for you? Lovely shade of pink.

  2. Ditto what Maguerite says!

  3. Drat! Thanks for keeping it real and sharing the occasional flub. We all have 'em, we just don't always post them. For what it's worth, I think it's a pretty top, but if you aren't comfortable in it, maybe you can salvage the fabric for something else?

  4. yes good idea, may well give it ago. thanks x

  5. So sorry Charlotte.. It is so discouraging when this happens.. But, proud your ready to try again.. Love the pink color.. Happy sewing on your next project.

  6. I was just about to say what Diane suggested :) I've made this top too, view b I think it was (just the cowl neck and flat at the back). I struggled a bit with it too because my jersey was slinky just like yours is, I couldn't get the damn thing to hem properly without it looking a utter mess! In the end I made some bias strips and used them on all the edges except the cowl, it worked well I think. I just think the cowl can be a bit boob flashy when you bend over!

    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this somewhat hard work. As I haven't overly enjoyed it I think it will head to the bin, so no boob flashing for me!