Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilee fun.

I have to say I always get totally swept away with all the fun! What a wonderful excuse for a get together, food, fiends, new friends, lots of chat, and lots of tea. Sounds like the perfect afternoon for me!

So our little village arranges as a part of the big lunch, held at our rather cute village hall, decked out in bunting galore.









So after setting up the hall I had a total Cinderella moment and thought 'I don't have anything to wear!' So grabbed fabric stash and the easiest dress pattern I could find Vouge8645. And what a dream, in complete whip it up style I didn't line it or have the pockets. But I did end up with a fun little number that took an hour and a half from start to finish.


oh and do you like my bunting? pre printed flags which I made little points and put together. Cool Britannia!


So I hope you have had a little fun this weekend, or a little sewing time. I would just like to say say 'Well done Queenie' Although I'm not a strong royalist I do think she is a strong and inspirational woman. And we can never have enough of them!



5 comments:

  1. what fun lunch and what a fantastic dress... I am not a royalist either but i feel events like this make the community stronger and we all should be a bit more patriotic too...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, everything looks beautiful and so festive.. What fun..
    Your dress is beautiful and looks great on you.. what a wonderful job you did!!!
    hope you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great time, and your dress is very pretty! I can't believe you whipped it up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks lovely and the shape suits you. It looks as if the party was a lot of fun. I was supposed to be going to a village hall celebration on sunday but had to stay at home with chicken pox girl instead. But I did do some tacking up of a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks so lovely, and the colors are perfect for the event! Your bunting looks fabulous, and your event looks like ton of fun! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete