Pages

Saturday 18 June 2011

DRESSMAKING join the go slow clothes movement

I would like to invite you all to join me in the Go Slow Clothes Movement. This is simply aims to celebrate and support those that make or refashion your own clothes. By making or refashioning we are  breaking the curse of fast fashion which actually comes at a price to the environment and those that work within the industry. We are also celebrating the fact that we are not all a standard shape and by making our own clothes we are able to look good in clothes that fit properly. Finally if you make you love, which means are clothes are cared for and last longer which is a positive outcome in a material/ throw away society. I have created gadget/ picture, please feel free to put it on your own blog to show your support, just remember to mention this blog. There is also a go slow clothes group on flickr.com to join and share photos (only one photo per day please).
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1721158@N23/


Thankyou for your support.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte, I wanted to let you know that I just linked you website today on my Post about the traveling notions, so you maybe wanna have a look. I add your photo as one of my favorite looks.
    http://houseofpinheiro.blogspot.com/2011/06/world-travelling-lace-and-notions-vol-1.html

    Tomorrow I am havin a giveaway and the day after i will show my dress from this challenge ! lots of love !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea, and I adore the badge you've made for it! I'll be joining you and adding it to my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! Well done on doing a button! I'll add it and do a link and will be heading over to the flickr group shortly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou for your support, lets hope it grows! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte, this is so great! I will totally post this button on my blog and link to your site as soon as I get around to it. I am getting more and more into the idea of slow clothes, slow food, slow life - it's right up my alley, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent idea. As a return to sewing - sewer, this really fits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in.

    I am still struggling with making things I can actually wear, but I have not bought any clothes other than socks in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete