Pages

Saturday 28 April 2012

Pyjama Party!!

Seeing as the weather is wet and gloomy I think I'll stay in my pyjamas all day! Thanks to Karen who has created the most exciting vibe for a  sew along, means we all should be in our pyjamas today, and what's better is that they are all shiny new, hand made lovelies!!!

 Karen talked many of use through how to make pyjamas and now they should all be on show so go and see Karen's beautiful set then surf the blog http://didyoumakethat.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/pyjama-party-goes-live/
My own pyjamas are a from two different patterns. The top I have actually already made four other versions for the OWOP project so no. five was easy! And like the pattern said so where the bottoms, although if you had a wider bottom I don't think you would have that much space!


When they where finished I felt so pleased, I really took my time and made nice seams and ect ect and the end result is something I love, far to often I have to learn to love what I make. So so excited we had a really fun photo shoot!








     Everyone seemed to get very excited about my new pj's. The fabric is a light weight cotton, which had a previous life of a duvet cover. I really like the way it had a more intense pattern at the bottom of the legs.



And this is the book I'm reading, it's wonderful! I recommend it. I am also on Good reads should any of you want to join me and become friends http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/8180872-charlotte  I always have a few reference books on the go too, this is the latest.



So thanks to Karen I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and have a pair of pyjamas which as long been on my to do list! I'm so impressed that I'm thinking of starting to make a few more pairs up as presents. Will also be showing this off with Justine at http://www.sewcountrychick.com/2012/04/sew-7-tell-saturday-april-28-2012.html

19 comments:

  1. aww these photos are cute and fun.. the pjs look fantastic on you !!
    Im having so much fun in this pj party !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for crazy PJ photos! I do like the way the fabric works on these as well, the pattern works its way down your legs! You look comfy & stylish & that is a winner for PJs I'd say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love these photos!!! Great Pjs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. Great job and what fun photos..
    I too, have enjoyed the pj party.. I am wearing my pj's today too.ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey no fair!! You bloggers are having so much fun without me! Wish I had been invited... Sniff sniff! Cute jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb photos! You look like you're having so much fun! Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun photos! I read 'A Fine Balance' last year and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely PJs and great pics. I read A Fine Balance a while ago. A great read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute PJ's!! Stopping by from Sew Country Chick's linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/another-coat-for-holly.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool pics PJ's are cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What excellent PJs and action shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous photos! (And cute PJ's too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, thanks everyone!!! What a wonderful response to pair of pjs, I really love them too.
    And those that now follow, welcome, hope you enjoy my blog. x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you have made the PJ's out of an old duvet cover. You would never have known.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pajamas (and I especially love the variations in the density of the flowers!), but I didn't understand what you meant about the reason you used two patterns (and I don't know what OWOP means...sorry!)...great refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that's awesome. I wondered where you got the cool co-ordinated border print from! I love your photos btw and just got that GHK book last week =D.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photo shoot is so fun! I adore all of these photos, as well as your amazing PJs! They look great and bravo for upcycling that duvet cover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like a fun photo shoot! And your new pjs look really cute, I love the border print!

    ReplyDelete