There are lots of I will promise to do this and I will be the perfect seamstress is I master that, to be honest my ideas are to random and I want it all, so I'm not planning to hold myself back this year. I thought of 2011 as a rebirth to my creativity and my first year in dressmaking, so 2012, I want more.
I would like myself to be just creative in everything I do :
- dressmaking, lots for me, a shirt for MrPB and maybe something for the toddler.
- around the home, new curtains, place mats, quilts to be finished
- I would like to try scrapbooking, inspired by this months Molly Makes
- Work in groups/ communities/ charities
- make more accessories, I got the chic on a shoe string for xmas and it's very inspiring
- join in sew along's and such likes, I find them immensely fun
- knit one garment using a pattern
- refall in love with my garden
- do more yoga
- The Sew Active project, I plan to do more yoga but more importantly to my wardrobe I am tackling a very big issue in my life. I am planning to cut back my working hours which will in turn enable me to cycle more, and use the car less! This is a very big mission as I live in Devon and there are hills everywhere and I'm not that fit yet. I also want to look good doing it and stick to the self stitched year.
- I am also starting to put together a quilt. This quilt was started to get my village together, everyone got a square and could decorate it there own way, only now I have to make it up!!
So whats your first for the year?