Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Making an effort with refashioning.

I love what others seem to make with refashioning one item to become another. I just don't seem to have the same vision, but I'm going to make more of an effort.
The reason for making more of an effort because I have recently acquired a bag of old, yes vintage clothes ( I will tell more about the story of clothes in another post soon!) Alot of them have marks and that kind of stuff so I am going to tackle the refashioning situation.

So lets begin not with anything vintage but a UFO. It was a sloppy looking summer dress that wasn't fitting well and I hated the length.


And made into a lovely little top!




OK this isn't the most amazing refashion but I will wear it now. I took loads off the length and back seem. Job done and confidence growing!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Charlotte, that looks like a top I had my eye on from Boden! Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think you have done a great job! Love that fabric, added bonus is you'll have some left over to make something else!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic job. Love the new top.. Doesnt it feel good to use that ufo?
    love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks great as a top! well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I'm very pleased if looks like something from Boden!
    The spare fabric will make it's way to the stash that grows and grows and I promise that one day I will use it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! That fabric is very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete