Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Very Smart Mrs!

Well the autumn wardrobe is coming along nicely thank you. I feel that with a pair of trousers made up I am well on my way to having a me made autumn. So the low down!


A smart pair of trousers A first for me, pattern from the Burda Style magazine.


So I would like to say as a novice dressmaker Burda style is hard work, finding the pattern and having very little instructions means that tackling new aspects of sewing is pushing my skills to the limit. I have made life easier for myself though by not doing anything too complicated or that I could get away with, it is easier to try new skills with other patterns as the have cut peaces, written instructions and diagrams. Therefore no pockets for me, which I am pleased with because I would have ruined the outer line!



Although I did try for the first time a zipper with flap thing. As you can see it's not all perfect here.



At least I remembered the pleats at the back (I did somehow manage to forget them at the front). To finish off I am rather pleased, they are comfortable and I do love love love a woolen pair of trousers through the winter, oh and I lined them too!!
Finally I will be using these for the Sew Weekly challenge this week as I will never manage to finish or even start something from the Burda book. Who else will be taking part this week?

6 comments:

  1. Charolette,
    fantastic... You did a great job.. They look nice on you and so comfortable.
    Never say you are a novice sewer..I am sooooo impressed..You even lined them.. Wow!!!
    love the wool fabric too.. Happy sewing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Charlotte

    Yes, I have been busy and just blogged a few. I hope the swap was for Christmas decorations? So, look out for my Postie too! The rush has been a cut off date at our local post office for overseas parcels. Been burning the candle at both ends at night!

    Hope you enjoy and please let me know if you receive them.

    Have a great day
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! Yay! They look fantastic on you. :-) (Very nice fabric choice, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chic pants! I have never made a tailored pair of pants in 15 years! I love the pistripes. Would you like to post  a photo link to your blog on my Sew & Tell Saturday linky party at my blog this Saturday? Its geared specifically for sewing projects and its fun to discover new blogs and get some new visitors to our own blog this way.
    Justine @ Sew Country Chick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trousers look great! Lined, wooly and pinstriped, they sound perfect for fall/winter!

    I'm working on my second out-of-a-magazine pattern (jersey longsleeved top) and the instructions are rather short and sometimes confusing. I have yet to tackle a Burdastyle magazine pattern. Their instructions aren't even comprehensive (at least not enough for me ;) in their printed patterns, so kudos to you for managing such a nice pair of trousers!

    ReplyDelete