Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

DRESSMAKING sunshine top 1970s style

Now I have a good stash building up I was ready to try out  some of those older patterns. This pattern was/ is utterly wonderfull. I love this style of tunic tops and trousers, for me this would be the perfect outfit.
I found some great bright yellow jersey and I was as keen as can be, syrely it would be easy,the pattern said it would be.I thought I was doing well as it was the first time I had used a pattern that had been used by someone else before, pinning and cutting went to plan, I was feeling confidant I would have this knocked up in no time! Ofcourse disaster struck! None of the noyches matched at all, and the pattern was not as simple as it stated. By biggest problem was making up and attching the sleeves, it just didn't make any sense, untill a day or two later I caught a glimpse of the picture on the envelope, all problems solved, the sleeves didn't come from the shoulder bur straight from the neckline.


Now I had sussed it, I just had to have the confidance to completley ignore the pattern directions and go it alone. I can not tell you how pleased I am with my final top, it nearly didn't make it but I'm so glad it did I truely love it!
So glad you made it little miss sunshine.

1 comment: