Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Oh la la, how I'm coming along...........

I have taken a leap in my own sewing faith and joined the oh la la sew along with Ana (a absolute undies expert) from http://afewthreadsloose.blogspot.com/ . So before showing you how my corset is coming along I feel that I should really sing the praises of this sew along, it has all the ingredients that make me able to join and feel like I'm actually doing OK rather than always having to catch up. So the pace of the sew along has been gentle which I'm truly thankful for, also Anna has put together little sewing details to improve our corset. Of which I have done none as I have kept mine very simple and fresh using a white and light blue cotton, which infact was a duvet cover (another refashion I think!) So Thank you Ana I am really enjoying myself, learning new skills and celebrating those curves!

So here we are I finished my corset last night. As ever you learn so much doing something like this for the first time, so it's not perfect and I know how to change things for the future. I really do think I would make another.







I really got into taking photos of all those curves although Bridget doesn't have the same feel as a real body with all its squidgy bits. So I would like to show you just one photo that hopefully shows how we as real people fill our corsets and all the fabric smooths out in the right places.

9 comments:

  1. Charlotte, congratulations! Your corset came out beautiful, you should be very proud! Would you mind if I posted a couple of your photos to the blog? I'm sure others would be inspired by your lovely choice of blue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic Charlotte! So delicate, and a lovely fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice :) And thank you for the body shot... it is nice to see it working ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swit swoo! Very nice! I think I may need to have a go at making one now, you've made it look so easy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Charlotte! I really like your fabric. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Charlotte, that looks fantastic! Well done! I've been looking forward to seeing what people have been making with that sew along. :-) I love how you've used an old duvet cover - great recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job.. Was it alot of work??? looks difficult?? Love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou everyone for being so positive! I really enjoyed making this and although they look very impressive corsets are not as hard as you think. If I can manage it ANYONE can!!

    ReplyDelete