1. The poring over fabric and patterns, I could do this for hours.
2. The actual pattern and scary matching fabric, as I'm not always that confident I generally go for cheaper fabric, scared that I'll muck it all up. I think after a year it's time to take this in hand, maybe I'll cut into my peace of silk to make something beautiful?
3. The pinning and cutting, I find this really exciting.
4. The sewing and following instructions. This has been an unusual interest for me, normally I'm not very good at following instructions but strangely with dressmaking I rarely go off course! It is also the time sat at the sewing machine that I find I enter my sewing meditative state of bliss! Sadly towards the end when my something is nearly complete my mind goes into overdrive and competes with itself and it's as if I'm in a face to get to the end. Yes this is where the mistakes happen. This year to chill out more ;-)
5. The finished item, I have to say I do not always love what I have made and it can take a little time getting used to. I thinks it's because I don't look like the girls on the front of the patterns! But I have got to a stage that I generally wear something I made everyday.
What part of the dressmaking process do you like?
Today's give away will be having three winners! There are three sets of patterns, each contain a new never used pattern, each of which I really like but know I will never get round to making. The second patterns are all from my favourite era the 70s!
To enter into today's give away please leave a comment with an email address. Please be a follower of my blog and I will announce winners on Sunday. Good luck.